Subject: Re: Upgrade worth it?
To: J. Seth Henry <jshenry@comp.uark.edu>
From: Pat Wendorf <beholder@unios.dhs.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/2001 12:33:09
I have a Quadra 800 and 610, and (please don't shoot me) I've found
OpenBSD 2.8 Scsi is running faster than the NetBSD 1.5 on the same
drives.

I thought it was my drives at first, but the 1G Quantum SCSI drive I
tried in my Quadra 800 runs very fast in my Sparc SS1+ (a slower
computer, as the MHz goes). The SS1+ is running NetBSD 1.5 also.

My thoughts are, if this is a production box, just wait till 1.5.1 comes
out and the patch to make the SCSI work faster on the Quadra's is merged
into the system.

--

Pat Wendorf