Subject: Quadra / 1.5 problem
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.deeeee>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/2000 11:01:28
Greetings,

I'm new to NetBSD mac68k, but not to NetBSD ( I run it on a hp300 for
several years now, back from the days as 1.1 was brand new, recently on
i386  )

my problem is this: whenever I try to boot a kernel ( booter is as new
as possible, installer and mkfs too ) it loads properly, finds all my
devices but when it tries to mount it's root partition it panics with
panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV
The disk for NetBSD is on SCSI id 1, has a small MacOS partition, a big
one for NetBSD and the swap space, it is a 1gig Seagate ( don't think
that matters... exactly the same model worked for years in my hp300
under NetBSD... )
my machine is a Quadra 700, 20MB RAM, 512KB VRAM, sd0 is a 500MB Seagate
for MacOS only, sd1 is a 1GB Seagate mainly for NetBSD, sd2 is a ZIP (
can't be the problem, worked on hp300 )
Everything looks good until the panic, same results with extensions
turned off, 32bit mode is of course on, virtual memory is off. mkfs and
installer did their work without complain ( I installed base.tgz,
etc.tgz and /dev is built )

thanks in advance
Michael