Subject: Re: Installing 1.5 on SE/30
To: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/2000 18:07:00
Shigeki Uno wrote:

>It's long been my question but to whom is left building and uploading
>pre-compiled binaries?

I think there are designated people who do the snapshots, at least there
is for the mac68k port.  The pre-built packages hasn't been all that
formal, but it's one of the jobs I volunteered for along with Frederick
Bruckman.  He's been doing the 1.4.3 ones.

>Mac68k machines's cpu is so slow in it's clock rate, so it'll take
>much time to build binaries from sources via pkgsrc when you build
>them on mac68k. i386's packages binaries always uploades soon.

True, but slow is better than nothing. ;-)

-bob