Subject: Re: NewUser LCII
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/2000 00:57:54
> So far I have not been able to get any form of BSD onto my Mac. I have
> posted a few questions but mostly I have been prowling archives where
> I can find them and searching Google and DejaNews for more
> information. So far no luck or answers.
>
> Mac LCII
> Quantum FireBall 2151 ST
> PDS Ethernet 10BaseT
> Internal SCSI terminated

I saw this today:

sys/dev/pci/ncr.c                               1.87, 1.96-1.97

  Fix script bug in processing QUEUE FULL response (would always
  trigger an assertion failure), and add Quantum Atlas IV drives
  to the quirk table so that they don't use tagged queueing.
  Fixes problems reported in PR#7694.

It's possible that your drive supposedly supports some feature that
doesn't work, like command queueing.

Do you have another m68k Mac to try, or another drive to try?

John Klos