Subject: Re: NewUser LCII
To: lists-mail <lists@pixelhammer.com>
From: Chris Tucker <nikon@cyberport.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/2000 17:34:18
The SCSI Read error (5) is documented and there are instructions on how to
get around it on the NetBSD FAQ somewhere.

Basically, install base.tgz as far as you can (until you get the
error). Then intstall the other files, like etc.tgz, man.tgz etc.

Then go into the mini shell and type
cpin "MacOS:pathtomy:unixdirectory:base.tgz" /base.tgz

This will copy the full base.tgz file to your / directory.

Boot into NetBSD.

Untar base.tgz and all should be fine.