Subject: Of tunnels and MacIP
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/23/2000 09:24:53
Hello!

Has anyone ported the macipgw-1.0 for NetBSD ?
(http://ftp.hanse.de/sites/transit/netatalk/)

I'm trying to do it myself but I wouldn't want to duplicate any work.
Basically the macipgw en/de-capsulates IP packets into Appletalk
packets (MacIP aka KIP). The program isn't that big but I've run into
problems with the tunneling stuff, as it needs one tunnel device.

The problems are mainly stupid stuff as missing struct tuninfo and
other minor annoyances. It *looks* pretty trivial though ...

TIA,
--
Jarkko Teppo    | Lahjoita HP 7933:n levypakka hyvään kotiin!
jate@uwasa.fi   | Fewer finstrates than expected!