Subject: Re: SCSI differences between 1.4.x & 1.5
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/22/2000 13:26:27
> > (1.4.2) esp0 at obio0 (quick): address 0x90f000: NCR53C96, 16MHz, SCSI ID 7
> > (1.5) esp0 at obio0 (quick): address 0x898000: NCR53C96, 16MHz, SCSI ID 7
> >
> > Is this due to having a NuBus card in one of the machines?
>
> Possibly.  The listed address is the memory that's mapped over
> the device's registers.  That is, it's a virtual address, not
> the physical address of the registers.

Oh. I knew that. I was just testing you ;)

> I don't know what the difference is between 1.4.2 and 1.5.  I don't
> think there's been anything mac68k-specific changed.  Do you have the
> nubus card in the 1.5 machine or the 1.4.2 machine?  What kind of nubus
> card is it?

It's an extra ethernet card in the 1.5 machine. I may need it for IP NAT,
so that's why it's in there. Otherwise, they're identical. Even the casing
- I'm using milk crates for both of them. It's an ae device.

Anyway, where's the LINT kernel config file?

Thanks,
John