Subject: Re: SCSI differences between 1.4.x & 1.5
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/22/2000 02:16:54
On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, John Klos wrote:
> Both Quadras are practically identical; each has 72 megs of ram and a 4
> gig Seagate SCSI drive.
>
> The Quadra 1.5 system is unusually slow during any disk activity (such as
> when updating the locate database); I decided to try out 1.5 on the A3000 to see
> if this was an issue with NetBSD-m68k or mac68k specifically.

Hmm, I haven't noticed any difference wrt. SCSI between 1.4.x and 1.5 on
my 660av, which uses the same 539x SCSI driver as the Q800... SCSI majorly
lags the system on both versions :( As far as I know, there weren't any
changes to the SCSI system that would make things slower, but I haven't
been closely following the changes... have you tried timing things to see
how big the speed difference is?
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++