Subject: afpd woes
To: NetBSD-Mac68K List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/2000 19:37:59
I recently installed 1.5BETA_2, and have been having troubles with
netatalk-asun-2.1.3nb4 from pkgsrc.

I've got a very basic set up: I just have one volume (/home/shared)
that I'm sharing. I included it in AppleVolumes.system and made
AppleVolumes.default empty. All users are in group users, and have a
valid shell. (Possibly /usr/bin/true, which is in my /etc/shells
file). Group users has rwx access to /home/shared.

When I try and log in as an account that is also in group wheel (but
not root), everything works fine. When I try to log in to one of the
accounts not in wheel, all of which have /usr/bin/true as their
shell, the box to select a volume to mount comes up, but no volumes
are displayed.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Just to be repetitive and use up bandwidth (I can do that pretty well
already ;-), I included parts of a few relevant files below.

/etc/netatalk/afpd.conf:
>#
># Format of lines in this file:
>#
>#    server [ -tcp ] [ -ddp ] [ -guest ] [ -loginmesg message ] ...
>#
>
>"Moria"

/etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default:
># This file looks empty when viewed with "vi".  In fact, there is one
># '~', so users with no AppleVolumes file in their home directory get
># their home directory by default.
>#
># ~

/etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.system: