Subject: Cannot unmount hard drive
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <iowadoc@micron.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/2000 14:01:03
Greetings:

I have a PB170 with a non-Apple 200 meg internal HD that I was thinking
of installing NetBSD on. First step, obviously, would be to partition
the HD. I made a boot disk with a barebones system 7.1 folder,added the
patched 7.3.5 SCSI HD app and when I went to intialize the HD I got the
message to the effect "cannot unmount the HD, a file may be in use".

Mind you I booted from the floppy. There are no HD files "in use".

So I erased the HD, using the 'erase disk' command, and it still
wouldn't intialize. All the contents of HardDrive folder went away, but
not the HardDrive folder itself. It won't go into the trash, the
message: "the folder, 'HardDrive', will reappear when you restart..."
comes up. I've gone over all my mac books, and can't quite put my finger
on this. Any ideas? What am I missing....? TIA

Clarence Carlson
Geek wanna be