Subject: Re: New User
To: lists-mail <lists@pixelhammer.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/18/2000 01:51:53
> Since I have tried both the generic and genericsbc kernel may I assume that I
> cannot install netbsd on this mschine so long as I use this disk?

Probably not.  You could try the 1.5_BETA2 kernel (the 1.4.2 sets should
work with the 1.5_BETA2 kernel).  I don't recall any changes to either
of the drivers, but it's worth a shot.

You should also ensure that your SCSI chain is properly terminated and
that you have good cables and good connections.  You should not be
getting parity errors if the drive is configured to generate parity (you
might want to check that--there's usually a 'PE' jumper).

-allen