Subject: Re: mac68k & wscons & loadable keymaps, was: I have successfully installed 1.4.2 and now what can I do ?
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/2000 19:15:02
On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 03:00:24PM -0800, Colin Wood wrote:
> ah, but i believe that NeXT machines also have ADB devices....of course, i
> have no idea how similar the implementation is, tho.

So, as Matt said, if adb is a bus, sys/dev/adb makes sense.  We don't
have to put the controller code in there (although it makes sense to
do so if there is code to be shared), but the keyboard/mouse/tablet/
whatever code should be there.  This should probably at least start to
happen soon (or "now"), since there's obvious benefit to it for both the
older (pre-usb ;-) powermacs and the m68k macs.

sys/dev/nubus should also be created and stuff moved there, but that can
probably wait until NeXT or macppc enter the nubus realm.

-allen