Subject: Re: [OFF TOPIC ?] I have successfully installed 1.4.2 and nowwhat can I
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/2000 14:56:06
Hi everybody all around the world,

Whoo for me: I HAVE A US ADB KEYBOARD (in fact it is a prototype of the Apple
IIgs ADB keyboard [who was the first ever ADB keyboard]). (Booos must be sent
directly to me, not to the list, please.)

But, since there is so many thinks to take care off that this one is too much
and was my "wall"; the thing that stopped me.

You also must think that ‘?’ is under ‘+’, Shift have not the same behavior in
the US mapping than in the French one, etc.

So, you think to what you want to do, think that you have to type it right, read
the keyboard layout, be carrefull to type the right key (try to type ‘shutdown
now’: sometimes you type ‘shutdozn’ or ‘noz’...) retype it when you use the
wrong key (because you use French keyboards since the last 30 years) and so on
(I do not say that you use the wrong sentence...)

Removing ‘bad tricks’ - any error possibility you can - lets you thinks at what
you want to do... That was why I liked Macintosh (what was the right spelling of
the file I want to load ?)... one of the reasons why..

Anyway, any answer can help, so I thank you.

PS: this “trouble” affect everyone all over the world that do not use a US keyboard.