Subject: Re: Constant attack alert fromlocal IP
To: Mark R. Nathan <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marius Schamschula <marius@caos.aamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/2000 11:21:51
on 11/17/2000 3:32 AM, Mark R. Nathan at mark@nathan.net wrote:

> Nov 17 01:01:58 dns1 portsentry[183]: attackalert: Connect from host:
> 192.168.1.
> 1/192.168.1.1 to UDP port: 162
> Nov 17 01:01:58 dns1 portsentry[183]: attackalert: Host: 192.168.1.1 is
> already
> blocked. Ignoring

[snip]

> Is there something I can rig on my BSD machine that will completely
> ignore the TCP/UDP requests from the Linksys?

Read the README.install that came with portsentry. I have a  similar problem
with a campus host that scans my servers every day...

I've just got a linksys router for my mix of various Mac's and my PC and
SGI. I have DHCP disabled on the LAN side, so that inter-computer
communications, file-sharing, etc., is easier to configure.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula, optical physicist, mac, and network coordinator

The Center for Applied Optical Sciences:  http://www.caos.aamu.edu/
          Department of Physics, Alabama A & M University