Subject: Constant attack alert fromlocal IP
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark R. Nathan <mark@nathan.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/2000 01:32:42
Nov 17 01:01:58 dns1 portsentry[183]: attackalert: Connect from host:
192.168.1.
1/192.168.1.1 to UDP port: 162
Nov 17 01:01:58 dns1 portsentry[183]: attackalert: Host: 192.168.1.1 is already
blocked. Ignoring

My router, which serves everything BUT the BSD server, has been
badgering my BSD server.  The way I have my network configured is as
follows.  Am I out of luck doing this any other way?

DSL modem <-> 5 port Dayna Hub

  Dayna Hub <-> BSD server  (Has its own seperate static IP)
            <-> Linksys router/switch  (Has its own seperate static IP)

  Linksys Router/NAT <-> servers 6 local PC's and Mac's

My linksys seems to be asking the BSD server if it would like to join
its gateway.  I can always turn off DHCP and call it a day,  but that
seems to easy and might not be the problem.

Is there something I can rig on my BSD machine that will completely
ignore the TCP/UDP requests from the Linksys?

thank you for your thoughts on this!

Mark Nathan

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com
    Miraboo Group                   mailto:president@miraboomusic.com