Subject: Re: New Install
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: lists-mail <lists@pixelhammer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/2000 04:47:22
Ok I got a good kernel onto my FreeBSD box and it installed fine. Bootup went
smoothly and my nic is now recognized, YEE HAA, that gets me over my hurdle as
OpenBSD/Mac68k didn't see my ethernet card.

The bad news is that I now get "unexpected phase change" errors everytime I
make a disk access, editing my rc.conf was impossible.

I have a Quantum Fireball 2.0gb drive installed and OpenBSD/Mac68k had no
problems running the generic kernel. I read the FAQ about my drive and didn't
think I would be effected, but I did try to run the SBC kernel before writing
this just in case.... The SBC kernel gives me "parity error" at each disk
access.

I was able to mount the drive after doing fsck on /dev/sd0a but mounting
induced more "unexpected phase change" errors. I have only FreeBSD and Mac
machines here, no NetBSD info/man available. I did try the online man pages
for netbsd 1.4 but 'apropos phase change' returned only the phase of the moon
program.

Help?

Dave

Should I begin fetching 1.5_BETA2 ?

lists-mail <lists@pixelhammer.com> said:

> I only used stuffit to troubleshoot, I just wanted to confirm that the
problem
> wasn't something else. I did try to get them from work today on my G4 and
they
> came down and unpacked just fine. I not sure what is up but the problem
seems
> to be something in this Mac.
>
> I'll just ssh into my server and ftp the kernel down directly into my
Netatalk