Subject: Re: [OFF TOPIC ?] I have successfully installed 1.4.2 and now
To: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
From: Jonathan Clarke <bobclarke@altavista.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/2000 19:24:25
At 2:15 -0500 16/11/00, Allen Briggs wrote:
>  > 1. I still do not know how to be able to press the m/M letter and see on
>>     screen a 'm/M' (I use a French keyboard [AZERTY], but NetBSD thinks and
>>     acts just like if I have a QWERTY [US] keyboard).
>
>Ah.  There are people on this list who can probably help you with this.
>I would like to see some support in the kernel for different keyboard
>mappings at some point, but I don't know enough about foreign keyboards
>to know how to do this.

I have no idea how to proceed in making the keyboard change, but in
the meanwhile I can give a few tips as to using an AZERTY keyboard :

M is done by pressing ","
Z is done by pressing "W"
W is done by pressing "Z"
Q is done by pressing "A"
A is done by pressing "Q"
and all numbers are the same keys but you don't need to hold down
shift (not on the keypad, the ones on the main keyboard)

Hope this helps

Jonathan