Subject: [OFF TOPIC ?] I have successfully installed 1.4.2 and now what can I do
To: <>
From: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/15/2000 21:11:51
I have successfully installed 1.4.2 and now what can I do ?

This may not be an OFF TOPIC, but...

I just close a connection (less than half an hour) and I still not know what to do.

Yes, this is not clear at all; so I will take it back to the roots... err. to
the beginning.

I have starting to use NetBSD since last year, but never been able to go far; in
fact, I “shutdown now” some minutes after successfully booting NetBSD.

The reasons ?

1. I still do not know how to be able to press the m/M letter and see on screen
a 'm/M' (I use a French keyboard [AZERTY], but NetBSD thinks and acts just like
if I have a QWERTY [US] keyboard).

since the beginning of this week, I’m thinking: "Hey, this is very important,
but I can try to go further; so let’s go..."

2. Except typing ls (and see nothing to execute) I do not know what to do except
“shutdown now”.

What do I need now ?

I tried to reach a simple documentation (a.k.a. NetBSD User’s Manual) but fails
for the nth time. So I ask this list if someone can send me an url to something
like a “NetBSD User’s Manual”: an introduction on how to start using NetBSD.

It is just like if I am in front of the Finder and do not know how to search /
reach / see the applications; even worst, I do not know that I just have to
click twice (double-click) on an application icon to just launch the selected application.

Thanks for reading this message,

(More thanks if you have a useful link),

Emile

PS: please, no flame if I ask on a wrong mail list, please, give me the list
address so I will ask the right one.