Subject: "not 8 bit clean..."
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: C.R. Carlson <iowadoc@micron.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/2000 12:55:48
Hiya guys..

I'm here to whine a little more about PPP. Finally am using some files
off the net that Paul Goyette posted eons ago. Actually got a connect and
some pretty cool stuff happened. But two things happen....actually don't
happen.

Once when I was pretty close to "connecting", I got back a set of IP
addresses from the ISP server. Now that doesn't happen, everything up to
that works.
And when I terminate my log reads..."serial connection not 8 bit clean.
Received character bit 7 set to 0".

What in the world is that all about?? Never run across this error in my
reading. Anyone got any ideas???  I think I'm close now.......Glad my mac
side still works on PPP.

TIA.

Clarence

--