Subject: Re: pkgsrc wierdness
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Ryan Ordway <ryan@nwgeeks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/2000 14:58:11
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Ryan Ordway wrote:
>
> > > No, it's PKG_PATH. What does "pkg_info -qs perl" give? If you get text
> > > in addition to the numbers, you may be able to keep it quiet by
> > > setting "PKG_PATH" to a directory that exists (/usr/local/pacakges?)
> >
> > 	Just a 0. Unfortunately setting PKG_PATH to /usr/pkgsrc/packages
> > doesn't help. Still get the dc errors.
>
> Um, it's actually "pkg_info -qS perl". The "-S" calculation
> incorrectly and illogically sums up the "-S" values from the component
> packages. (See PR pkg/11433.) I'm betting you don't really have a
> problem with the packages you're building now, except that the
> +SIZE_ALL files are probably corrupted on any number of dependent
> packages.

	Ahh, yes this is the output that I'm seeing in the dc errors.

> > 	It's less the reliability of pkg_info than being able to BUILD the
> > package. It's a requirement for several other packages that I want.
> >
> > 	Here is where the problem starts, if it helps any:
> >
> > ===========================================================================
> > $NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.1.1.1 1999/04/30 15:19:13 tv Exp $
> >
> > If upgrading from SSLeay, you will need to copy your ssleay.cnf (used
> > for creating certificate requests with "ca") into PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf.
> >
> > If installing from scratch, you may want to take a look at
> > PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf.example, copy it to PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf, and
> > customize it.
> >
> > ===========================================================================
> >
> > test: argument list too long
> > dc: dc: stack empty
> > dc: dc: input base must be a number between 2 and 16 (inclusive)
>
> But the package _is_ installed, isn't it? Try "pkg_info openssl".

	The files are for the most part, but the package itself hasn't
been registered yet. I suppose I could manually create the database files
if necessary, but I'd prefer to have an easier alternative. ;-)

	I've tried getting 1.4.3... is it not available yet? I can't get
into the 1.4.3 directory. I would prefer to upgrade to a stable
release. How stable are the alpha 1.5 releases? It's been awhile since I
tracked -current, not feeling as adventurous without the time to fix
things.. especially since I'm running headless.

	Thanks for your help,

	Ryan

--
ryan@nwgeeks.com

HELO... my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!