Subject: Re: pkgsrc wierdness
To: Ryan Ordway <ryan@nwgeeks.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/2000 16:42:09
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Ryan Ordway wrote:

> > No, it's PKG_PATH. What does "pkg_info -qs perl" give? If you get text
> > in addition to the numbers, you may be able to keep it quiet by
> > setting "PKG_PATH" to a directory that exists (/usr/local/pacakges?)
>
> 	Just a 0. Unfortunately setting PKG_PATH to /usr/pkgsrc/packages
> doesn't help. Still get the dc errors.

Um, it's actually "pkg_info -qS perl". The "-S" calculation
incorrectly and illogically sums up the "-S" values from the component
packages. (See PR pkg/11433.) I'm betting you don't really have a
problem with the packages you're building now, except that the
+SIZE_ALL files are probably corrupted on any number of dependent
packages.

> 	It's less the reliability of pkg_info than being able to BUILD the
> package. It's a requirement for several other packages that I want.
>
> 	Here is where the problem starts, if it helps any:

> $NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.1.1.1 1999/04/30 15:19:13 tv Exp $
>
> If upgrading from SSLeay, you will need to copy your ssleay.cnf (used
> for creating certificate requests with "ca") into PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf.
>
> If installing from scratch, you may want to take a look at
> PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf.example, copy it to PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf, and
> customize it.

> test: argument list too long
> dc: dc: stack empty
> dc: dc: input base must be a number between 2 and 16 (inclusive)

But the package _is_ installed, isn't it? Try "pkg_info openssl".

Frederick