Subject: Re: pkgsrc wierdness
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Ryan Ordway <ryan@nwgeeks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/2000 14:17:54
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Ryan Ordway wrote:
>
> > > Do you have a "/usr/pkgsrc/packages" directory?
> >
> > 	Yes.
> >
> > > The problem is that unexpected output of "pkg_info" is being fed,
> > > inappropriately, to "dc" as part of the overall size calculation
> > > ("pkg_info -qS"). The unexpected output is a complaint that PKG_PATH
> > > does not exist. This complaint won't occur with NetBSD-1.4.3 and
> > > NetBSD-1.5, for which "pkg_info -q" is quieter.
> >
> > 	Do you mean PKGPATH? One thing I HAVE done is set the base
> > directory to /usr/local instead of /usr/pkg in my mk.conf file...
>
> No, it's PKG_PATH. What does "pkg_info -qs perl" give? If you get text
> in addition to the numbers, you may be able to keep it quiet by
> setting "PKG_PATH" to a directory that exists (/usr/local/pacakges?)

	Just a 0. Unfortunately setting PKG_PATH to /usr/pkgsrc/packages
doesn't help. Still get the dc errors.

> > > Most people saw this only when PKG_PATH was set to empty in certain
> > > versions of bsd.pkg.mk, but this was later reverted. So you shouldn't
> > > see this with the _latest_ pkgsrc, even with the old pkg_info, unless
> > > /usr/pkgsrc/packages doesn't exist.
> >
> > 	I'm unpacking the most recent pkgsrc.tar.gz tarball right now,
> > I'll see how it goes...
> >
> > 	Welp... using the new pkgsrc didn't help, I'm still getting all of
> > the dc errors. More ideas? :-)
>
> It's not that big of a deal. The only problem is that the
> /var/db/pkg/<package>/+SIZE_ALL file is filled with garbage, so
> "pkg_info -S <package>" will spew garbage. If you it really bugs you,
> you could upgrade to 1.4.3/1.5_BETA2/1.5 as available, to get the
> quieter "pkg_info", and rebuild all the affected packages.

	It's less the reliability of pkg_info than being able to BUILD the
package. It's a requirement for several other packages that I want.

	Here is where the problem starts, if it helps any:

$NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.1.1.1 1999/04/30 15:19:13 tv Exp $

If upgrading from SSLeay, you will need to copy your ssleay.cnf (used
for creating certificate requests with "ca") into PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf.

If installing from scratch, you may want to take a look at
PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf.example, copy it to PREFIX/etc/openssl.cnf, and
customize it.

test: argument list too long
dc: dc: stack empty
dc: dc: input base must be a number between 2 and 16 (inclusive)
dc: stack empty
dc: dc: stack empty
dc: dc: dc: dc: dc: stack empty

	Thanks,

	Ryan

--
ryan@nwgeeks.com

HELO... my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!