Subject: Re: pkgsrc wierdness
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Ryan Ordway <ryan@nwgeeks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/2000 10:01:17
On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Ryan Ordway wrote:
>
> > 	Ok, I've been trying to compile openssl from pkgsrc and I'm
> > getting this really strange error. I believe I've seen it compiling other
> > packages as well. This is using the 1.4.2 pkgsrc tarball, though I believe
> > I've tried unpacking the latest pkgsrc tarball on top of it with the same
> > results. Here is the error that I get:
> > dc: dc: stack empty
> > dc: register 'e' (0145) is empty
>
> Do you have a "/usr/pkgsrc/packages" directory?

	Yes.

> The problem is that unexpected output of "pkg_info" is being fed,
> inappropriately, to "dc" as part of the overall size calculation
> ("pkg_info -qS"). The unexpected output is a complaint that PKG_PATH
> does not exist. This complaint won't occur with NetBSD-1.4.3 and
> NetBSD-1.5, for which "pkg_info -q" is quieter.

	Do you mean PKGPATH? One thing I HAVE done is set the base
directory to /usr/local instead of /usr/pkg in my mk.conf file...

> > 	So what is up with all of these dc errors? Anyone else have a
> > problem with this? Is there an easy fix?
>
> Most people saw this only when PKG_PATH was set to empty in certain
> versions of bsd.pkg.mk, but this was later reverted. So you shouldn't
> see this with the _latest_ pkgsrc, even with the old pkg_info, unless
> /usr/pkgsrc/packages doesn't exist.

	I'm unpacking the most recent pkgsrc.tar.gz tarball right now,
I'll see how it goes...

	Welp... using the new pkgsrc didn't help, I'm still getting all of
the dc errors. More ideas? :-)

	Thanks for your help,

	Ryan

--
ryan@nwgeeks.com

HELO... my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!