Subject: Re: System hangs doing ifconfig on sm0
To: Ben S. <bliss22@nebulous.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/2000 23:51:03
On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 06:45:17PM -0600, Ben S. wrote:
> The installation kernel boots with sm0 messages that look very
> normal, drops into sysinst, and i exit to the shell.  Using
> ifconfig to show the network interfaces works, as does
> configuring lo0, but immediately after entering
>
> ifconfig sm0 10.10.10.10
>
> the system is frozen.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I think it's likely that you're getting an interrupt and that there's
something else that's interrupting and not getting cleared properly.
I'm trying to reproduce this on my AWS95, and I'm having the opposite
problem at the moment--I'm apparently not getting _any_ interrupts.

Unfortunately, I can't work on this any more at the moment as I have to
leave town for a funeral.  :-(

If no one has been able to fix this before I have a chance, I'll see
what I can do.

Have you tried the latest snapshot (of -current)?

-allen