Subject: Re: Appletalk Bridging/Routing
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Johnson <pjohn161@bigfoot.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/02/2000 16:40:57
Just a few thoughts.

Appletalk was not designed with security in mind.  You may want to see if
there is any way to print to the Printer by TCP/IP. You may also be able to
use the NetBSD  box as a print spooler, especially if the stylus is a
postscript printer with netatalk and leave the airport on the outside.

Is the Stylus a postscript printer? If not you could use ghostscript to
make it behave as one.

Current versions of the Laserwriter driver support printing over TCP/IP to
postscript printers and linux line printers.