Subject: Re: Dial up connections...
To: Carlson, Clarence R., D.O. <Carlson.Clarence@mayo.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/2000 14:33:54
At 3:17 PM -0500 10/25/00, Carlson, Clarence R., D.O. wrote:
> Question one. I want to be able to dial up a PPP connection from my desktop

The PPP stuff hasn't changed much.  The only caveat is that there may
be some bugs in the hardware handshaking code in current stuff.

> Question two. I have a working Powerbook 170 with 8 megs of RAM and a third

Partition the disk with enough space for a minimum networking version
of MacOS and at least games.tgz.  Then you can download the
distribution in MacOS and install from the MacOS partition.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.