Subject: Re: Problem with Alpha_2 and Mac Classic II
To: Lee Reynolds <leebreynolds@yahoo.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/25/2000 09:20:10
At 6:20 PM -0700 9/4/00, Lee Reynolds wrote:
>I'm trying to get NetBSD on a Mac Classic II.  The first thing I tried
>was 1.5Alpha_2 as this version supposedly has support for this system.
>I got it installed and discovered that I needed to use the SBC version
>of the kernel because I have a Quantum 80 meg hard drvive in the system.

FWIW I've always used NCR kernels, not SBC, and I have lots of
Quantum drives.  The compatibility problems are not as simple as
brand name.  If anyone wants to loan a SCSI analyzer to Allan Briggs
I suspect he might be able to figure out what the real problem is and
maybe fix it for both SBC and NCR scsi drivers.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.