Subject: Re: Q840AV doesn't like 1.5 Alpha2 - summary
To: Jesse Reynolds <lizst@va.com.au>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/18/2000 09:07:34
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Jesse Reynolds wrote:

> If anyone wants to know the whole stack trace from the panic that
> ocurrs when I boot up with thousands or millions of colours, please
> let me know. I know how to reproduce it now!

It might be interesting. Don't expect much. (It's best to file a PR,
so someone knowledgable, probably Scott, might look at this when he
finds the time.)

> Did I mention that NetBSD 1.4.2 worked fine in millions of colours? I
> wonder why...

NetBSD-1.5 introduces a different console driver. I did some testing
on my 840AV, and I don't recall getting any panics. I _think_ I tried
all resolutions, including millions of colors.

Frederick