Subject: Re: Q840AV doesn't like 1.5 Alpha2
To: Jesse Reynolds <lizst@va.com.au>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/18/2000 08:50:59
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Jesse Reynolds wrote:

> Well, here's a funny thing. It's now working. I think it's because I
> set the machine to 256 greys 640x480 and shut it down before starting
> it up and booting bsd again. I guess it just goes to show you really
> have to try every video mode!!! I'm going to do some experiments now
> to see if I can get it to panic again, so I can grab the whole trace
> for you.

Hmm, yes. One of _those_. ;-)

If you come up a reproducible pattern, I suggest you file PR, so your
finding go into the record. I might have been able to spot a broken
pull-up, but this looks one of those tough ones, and my 840AV is going
to stay at 1.4.3 for a while (for unrelated reasons).

> The confusing thing is that it started working when I also changed
> the keyboard over and booted with no mouse, but putting back the
> original hardware it's now still working, so I guess it's not the
> hardware. (though the reporting of logitech seems odd still).

Frederick