Subject: Re: Old 6360 Performa
To: Bradley R. Smith <brad5903@pobox.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/2000 21:33:42
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Bradley R. Smith wrote:

> On 8/22/00 at 16:19, wrstuden@zembu.com (Bill Studenmund) wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Allen Briggs wrote:
> >
> > Sorry for the delay!
> >
> > > This is more of a question for port-macppc@netbsd.org.  Try asking
> > > there.  This list is for the m68k-based macintosh users.
> > >
> > > I think the OF serial console is 38400 (8N1).  I know that that's
> > > what my 8500 wanted the last time that I kicked it into OF.  It
> was
> > > annoying because my dumb terminal only went as high as 19200...
> >
> > That is correct for OF 1.X and 2.X. OF 3.X (iMac and later) use
> > 57600. :-)
> >
> > Take care,
> >
> > Bill
> >

> Er...iMac and later don't have serial ports.
> Or perhaps that was your point.  :)

Well, they sort-of do, but they aren't wired to an actual connector.
There are adapter cards that can plug in in place of a modem that route
the lines of an SCC out to a connector.  Not sure if there's a second
channel hiding on the board anywhere or not.  ;-)

David

A brief Haiku:

Microsoft is bad.
It seems secure at first glance.