Subject: RTC setting problem
To: <>
From: Conrad Rehill <conrad@rehill.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/24/2000 12:09:45
Hi Everyone.
I'm having a slight problem with my Quadra 650/NetBSD 1.4.1 system when
I want to shut down...  I keep getting an error that says that NetBSD
"does not trust itself to update the RTC".  Can anyone tell me what this
means ?  Or how to fix it ?

I am synching the system clock via NTP with a stratum-2 timeserver, so I
know that the system clock is pretty accurate.  I looked all over the
system for a utility which would be similar to the "hwclock" utility
found on other systems, but I can't find it.  Is this the program that
is being invoked and is failing when I am trying to reboot ?

When I try to reboot, the error recurrs about 10 times over a span of
about 15 minutes... and then it finally reboots.

Thanks,
Conrad