Subject: NetBSD on PowerBook 150
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bertrand Jeannet <Bertrand.Jeannet@imag.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/23/2000 14:38:57
Hi !

I tried to boot my PowerBook 150 with NetBSD, with an external SCSI disk
connected, using 1.5 alpha versions of the kernel available from
www.netbsd.org, as well as the modified 1.5E kernel from Takeshi
Shibagaki which supports IDE.

In both cases, display is ok, the boot process works fine, but just
after the following lines:

Waiting 2 seconds for SCSI devices to settle [...]
sd0 [...]
sd0 [...]

the machine hangs up (both display and disk shut down). I also tried to
boot with SBC kernels, or without external SCSI disk, the same problem
happens

Does anyone know what's the problem ? I know that the PowerBook 150 is
not officially supported, but as most PowerBook of serie 100 are, I
still have some hope...

	Bertrand Jeannet