Subject: Re: IMAP server
To: Demian Knight <linux@demianvcc.shacknet.nu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/2000 15:58:21
On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Demian Knight wrote:
> How difficult is it to set up a simple IMAP server in NetBSD?  I'm thinking
> of how much more convenient it would be to have an IMAP account set up that
> I could access from both home and work instead of the games I play with POP3
> right now.  Has anyone done this?

Very easy... just install the imap-uw package, either from a precompiled
package
(ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.4.2/m68k/mail/imap-uw-4.5.tgz)
or pkgsrc (/usr/pkgsrc/mail/imap-uw). After that, you can just connect
via IMAP with your NetBSD username and password and get to your mail.
You'll need to get your mail onto your NetBSD machine though (if it's
not already getting sent there). Also, you'll need to be able to connect
into your machine (i.e. it needs to either be permanently connected to
the Internet, or you need to have it connect automatically every once in
a while).

P.S. this isn't the Linux List (c.f. the "To:" line in your email :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++