Subject: Re: sysinst install
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/2000 00:01:19
> > Gag.  I remember that in the installer,
> 	Now you are going back - this is well before my time :-)

Well, it's before MacBSD was part of NetBSD...  It's when we were trying
to find a way for people to install without having A/UX...  ;-)

> 	I have been thinking about this for about a year. I reckon
> that whatever program or kernel writes the bootblock should also
> write a copy of the Booter environment string buffer.

I don't like this too much because I'd like the boot blocks to be as
general as possible.  I.e., tying the disk to that particular machine
is too much of a con, IMO.

-allen