Subject: Re: sysinst install
To: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/2000 10:04:37
	Hi Nathan.

> What about Apple's MPW?  It is free these days after all.  Not as
> easy to use as CodeWarrior, but very capable.
>
> http://developer.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/

	Lacks a good debug environment, and I don't think it will
compile the long long type, which is smattered through the NetBSD
source.

	Someone on this list very kindly offered to send me an old
version of their CW Pro, so I will see how far I get with that.

> Alternatively, have you tried talking to Metrowerks about getting
> educational pricing since you are developing open source programs
> with the product?  I'm sure they'd understand, it might just be
> finding the right person to talk to.

	That is a good idea. I hadn't thought of haggling with MW!

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,   |
|    Telstra NWD, Sydney, Australia.    |  when you stop believing  |