Subject: Re: sysinst install
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/10/2000 19:57:12
At 11:34 AM +1000 8/10/00, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:

>  > Are you still using CW?
>
>	Yes. The only thing I could find to compile long longs was
>CW11 or later. The debugger seems to indicate that arguments are
>sometimes not being passed correctly, but it may be a problem with
>the 68k code emulation in the debugger.
>
>	I cannot justify an upgrade to a later (Pro) version of CW
>(the mortage is a higher priority). I would use a GNU product in
>an instant if there was a decent way to debug.

What about Apple's MPW?  It is free these days after all.  Not as
easy to use as CodeWarrior, but very capable.

http://developer.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/

Alternatively, have you tried talking to Metrowerks about getting
educational pricing since you are developing open source programs
with the product?  I'm sure they'd understand, it might just be
finding the right person to talk to.

--
Nathan Raymond