Subject: Re: sysinst install
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/10/2000 14:51:52
At 5:26 PM -0400 8/10/00, Todd Vierling wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>: >since sysinst forces the creation of a separate root and usr the root
>: >tends to be small enough that the Booter almost always succeeds.
>:
>: I ran into this with port-macppc.  Is there any way around it?
>
>You should be able to customize the partitions to your liking.  On i386, at
>least, sysinst let me install a machine last week that had nothing more than
>/ and swap on a 400MB disk.

I think it was the early June install floppy for port-macppc, and I
tried to create just a single partition (with swap).  No dice.

Actually I first tried to tell it to use existing partitioning.  No
dice there either, but I didn't expect that to work.

Now that you mention it when I installed 1.4.1 on a PC from one of
Bob's CDs I didn't have that problem.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.