Subject: Re: sysinst install
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Daniel Parks <danielparks@bigfoot.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/09/2000 08:00:45
At 7:40 AM -0700 8/9/00, Allen Briggs wrote:
>I'd like to see a sysinst installation be a supported option on the
>mac68k for 1.5.  Most people probably have access to a CDROM or to a
>network (other than AppleTalk), and the MacOS mkfs/installer seem to
>be a source of some problems for new users.

And sysinst would be a NetBSD based installer? Were can I find out about this?

>For this to work, we'll need to have some testing and documentation.
>This doesn't require any coding skills and would be helpful to new
>users.  Is there anyone out there who is interested in helping out
>with this?

Testing and documentation... OK. I've got a Quadra 650, and I'm getting a
1GB hard drive to play with. (I've got 1.4.2 on a 258 MB HD right now.) I
believe that the booter can be set up to boot from one of two NetBSD
installations, right?

Daniel