Subject: sysinst install
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/09/2000 10:40:47
I'd like to see a sysinst installation be a supported option on the
mac68k for 1.5.  Most people probably have access to a CDROM or to a
network (other than AppleTalk), and the MacOS mkfs/installer seem to
be a source of some problems for new users.

For this to work, we'll need to have some testing and documentation.
This doesn't require any coding skills and would be helpful to new
users.  Is there anyone out there who is interested in helping out
with this?

I'm getting ready to try it out on my new WGS95 (Isn't Ebay fun? ;-)
which will replace the old macbsd.com once I get it installed and
running.

-allen