Subject: Can't login
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T&B <list.mac68k@tandb.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/2000 10:45:14
I just built a new Mac IIcx with NetBSD 1.4.2, configed some files, rebooted, logged in remotely, edited some more, rebooted, logged in remotely again, all okay.

But this morning, my remote telnet session and the attached screen would not accept keyboard input. I had to power the computer off then on. It seemed to boot okay, arriving at the login prompt on the local screen. But When I enter a user id, it just prompts again with login. I get no response when trying to login remotely.

I'd like to force it to boot in single user mode, but I don't know how (without first logging in in multi-user mode).

Ideas?

Thanks,
Tom