Subject: Re: Macintosh environment (Basilisk)
To: Richard Massey <richardm@clear.net.nz>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/03/2000 08:41:14
On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Richard Massey wrote:

: I know this has not been looked at for a while but the to do list still
: mentions it.  Has anyone looked at porting Basilisk II to NetBSD ???
: It may be able to use the ROM on the machine and run as native 680X0 as in
: the Amiga port.

It would only be able to run in "real" addressing mode, mind you, without
some Really Difficult work to make virtual memory work properly.  In other
words, it'll function like a 68k Mac _without_ a MMU.

With that said, the support needed, without mentioning network interfaces
for the moment, shouldn't be *too* difficult.  It's mainly a deflection of
the A-line trap back into BasiliskII and the ROM image.  I won't volunteer
to do this now, but I have `thought about it' once in a while.  I might be
able to guide such an effort from afar....

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/