Subject: Re: Buffer overflows?
To: Samad , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/2000 18:22:05
At 1:08 PM -0700 8/1/00, Samad wrote:
>Hey Everyone,
>Ever since I installed IP-NAT on my IIvx (which works wonderfully), I've
>been getting the message:
><date> <localhost name> /netbsd: zstty0: 5 silo overflows, 0 ibuf floods
>The more I use the internet connection, the more this message occurs and
>when I'm not using the internet at all, I don't get the message. Hence it is
>like a buffer filling up. This message isn't fatal at all. It's however very
>annoying especially when I'm using vi and this message appears. How do I
>stop from this message from coming?

You can stop the message by changing the /etc/syslog.conf file.  See
the man page.

For a discussion of the source of the errors and what you might want
to do about them see the "PPP slow" thread that's been going on this
very list for the last couple of days.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.