Subject: Re[2[: Quadra memory check
To: Tony Mantler <nicoya@apia.dhs.org>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/2000 22:33:11
On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, David A. Gatwood wrote:

> Oh, one more thing: by empty, is that all 0's or all 1's?  On the PowerMac
> x100's, for example, the slot interrupts are inversed from everything
> else, but I can't tell if that's the case in the earlier VIAs or not.

Never mind, it has to be all 1's.  Otherwise all those unused "reserved"
ints, which are tied to 1, would be active all the time.  :-)

Anyway, turns out the f108 interrupt is already asserted when we begin.
Now to figure out what part.  Thanks for the info.  I've been fighting
with this interrupt for a week now....

BTW, did you do the Linux support for these things, by any chance?  If so,
the version I looked at had some of the guessed bits a little wrong
(though they were close).  Let me know if you'd like a list of all the
bits.

> Blech.  Well, that's going to be nasty, since I depend on one of those
> cards to get kernels to the thing....

No worries.  The int was coming from F108.  I think I can deal with that.
:-)  Thanks again!

Later,
David

A brief Haiku: