Subject: Re: Q840AV SCSI Question
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Chris Tucker <nikon@cyberport.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/2000 23:13:37
hrm, I might be way off here but I had a similar problem with a 1gig
Conner SCSI drive i bought second hand from nexcomp.com. It *refused* to
work on my IIci until I got around to reading the online docs on that
specific drive and found it had no internal termination or termination
jumpers or slots for termination resistor packs. Basically, no
termination, period.

So I went to the local computer store, bought some of that SCSI ribbon
cable with *three* SCSI connectors on it. Plugged one end into the
motherboard, the middle connector onto the Conner drive and the other end
into a little black terminator I bought for $13. Worked fine ;)