Subject: Re: modem control
To: T&B <list.mac68k@tandb.com.au>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/2000 22:42:18
On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 10:25 PM, T&B <mailto:list.mac68k@tandb.com.au> wrote:
>How can I inetractively talk to a modem with at commands etc?

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/comms/minicom/README.html

>I am trying to get PPPd set up with NAT routing to connect my LAN via our
>static IP address with our ISP.
>
>I've been following the instructions and templates in:
>http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/pppnat/pppnat.tgz
>
>and get the error:
>
>macbsd: {3} /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/tty00 call telstra
>/usr/sbin/pppd: The remote system is required to authenticate itself but I
>/usr/sbin/pppd: couldn't find any secret (password) which would let it use
an
>IP address.
>
>I'm sure I just have to reconfig some file (I have already set up
pap-secrets
>and symlinked chap-secrets to it), but I'd first like to confirm that I
can
>actually talk to the modem.

add   noauth   to the pppd options.

See the list archives.

" Stamp out root login's .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.