Subject: Powerbook 180 corrupts filesystem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Gerardo Alvarez <gerardoalvarez@netscape.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/2000 18:48:20
I have tried to install netbsd 1.5 on a Powerbook 180 several times, with=

multiple combinations of formatter/partitioning software, order of partit=
ions,
etc.
I have used several releases as they have come up, but it always happens =
the
same:

The internal drive is a Quantum Daytona 256 S, so I use netbsdgenericsbc =
( the
others don=B4t work with this computer)
I have also tried installiong in an external 230 Mb MO, with the same res=
ult
exactly (funny...)
After installing and booting I try to mount -a, and it asks me to run fsc=
k(8),
as the filesystem is not marked clean.
I try to fsck, but as the superblock is marked dirty, I have to run fsck_=
ffs
-b 32 -y /dev/sd0a
It tries to fix LOTS of problems, and always ends up in a core
I reboot -n, and then the booter won=B4t take the partition as valid any =
longer,
I have to Mkfs again.
Any help will be gratly appreciated
Gerardo Alvarez