Subject: Re: OT ident thru IPnR?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/2000 09:47:00
I seem to recall that pidentd compiles just fine.

Though, I'm curious what's wrong our regular old identd, which is easy
to switch on in /etc/inetd.conf and is tcp_wrapped, I expect.

None of this helps the original poster, though, since his internal
machine is NetBSD and his FW/GW box a Mac running IPNetRouter.

In order to fix his problem, IPNR either needs to pass port 113 onto
the NetBSD box (not even sure if this kind of packet mangling will
pass identd's muster), or have IPNR itself yield (faked, of course)
identd responses. Or use the Unix machine as the firewall and the mac
as a workstation (which makes considerably more sense to *my* mind...)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net