Subject: new syslog
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/2000 10:31:53
Hi,

I am trying to run the newer syslogd (from 1.4) on my 1.3.2 box. I need it so I
can listen to multiple sockets for using chrooted daemons.

I get a number of errors when trying to compile. Nothing about missing files,
but rather missing definitions (I am assuming this stuff is in newer include
files or something; though I could not compile it under 1.4 either.)

Note that I am using the source from the current directory.

Does anyone know how to get this to compile for use under 1.3.2? Or where I can
find a binary? Or where I can find source for a syslogd that will compile under
1.3.2?

I tried using the syslogd from 1.4 on my 1.3.2 box, but libs were missing. Is
there a way to make an already compiled binary static?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Joseph Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging