Subject: Re: Nubus 101
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/2000 23:10:05
On 26. Juni 2000 14:50 Uhr, Allen Briggs <mailto:briggs@ninthwonder.com>
wrote:
>The way it's supposed to work is that the card is
>supposed to unconfigure any unused/unusable sResources itself
>(through the Slot Manager and the card's on-board init routine).
>Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury and we're looking at the
>sResources directly on the ROM.  Perhaps we could search for different
>types of sResources and configure one of each type.

The DuoDock II sResource Directory lists (besides the first which looks
like a master entry) 31 entries for video, one for SONIC and one for the
dock, itself.

>> >Why does the DuoDock's ethernet adapter not show up?
>> I think it's one card = one device right now. We find the first good
>> sResource and then pass that info onto the first appropriate driver. So
if
>> we find the video card first, that gets passed on and we're done.
>
>Does the DuoDock show up in real nubus space, or is it in "slot 0"?
>We have avoided configuring slot 0 because it's kind of
>generic--including sResource blocks for all kinds of systems.

The MiniDock and the DuoDock both show up under slot E. I have a 'slots'
screenshot for the NewerTech SCSIDock that suggests slot E, too.

	hauke

--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
This message was created and sent using the Apple Cyberdog Mail System