Subject: Re: Centris 610 and 68LC040 Processor
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Knight <dknight@bakerbooks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/2000 07:50:42
Jamie mused:

>I was given a Centris 610 yesterday and upon opening it up, I see the
>processor is an LC040 which means instant problems.
>
>So I went to Motorola's website to learn more about the situation and got
>to thinking, since I have to update the processor, can I stick a 68060 in
>the machine and get 75MHz out of it?  Yes?  No?

No, but if you want more performance at a price, look into the Sonnet
QuadDoubler, which will give you a 40 MHz 68040 for US$249.

Of course, you could probably find a stripped 840av for that price....

Dan Knight, information systems manager       dknight@bakerbooks.com
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

 - Macintosh: Love bug resistant, always Y2K ready